Gujarat Domicile Certificate Online Apply. Form, PDF, Eligibility, Apply Online, Download.
What is Domicile Certificate ?
Domicile certificate is a legal proof, which certifies that a person resides in a particular State. This certificate is an essential document to claim the rights and benefits of the State that he/she lives. The concerned State Government provides this certificate to its applicant.
Residents of the State of Gujarat can obtain domicile certificate as proof that he/she dwelled in a particular village or town or ward continuously over a period and intended to make Gujarat as his/her permanent residence. Recently, the Government has introduced Digital Gujarat online portal to apply for the domicile certificate. In this article, we look at the eligibility and requirements for obtaining the Gujarat Domicile Certificate in detail.
Benefits of obtaining a Domicile Certificate
Domicile certificate is provided for various purposes. The benefits of obtaining a domicile certificate are listed below:
- For obtaining the local preference, domicile certificate can be submitted in several situations.
- Using this certificate, students can get admission in the educational institution while their parents have transferable jobs.
- Domicile certificate is one of the mandatory documents to apply for specific scholarship schemes and quotas.
- For obtaining the ration card, it is an essential document to prove permanent residency.
- The Domicile Certificate is also very useful for applying for state government jobs.
Note:- The State Government of Gujarat has announced that domicile certificate is mandatory for students those who are seeking admissions to medical and paramedical courses. It is also applicable to the following courses in the State such as Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy and Naturopathy.
A person should comply with the following criteria of eligibility to get the domicile certificate in the State of Gujarat:
- The Applicant should be a resident of Gujarat (India).
- Any person who was born in Gujarat (India) and had been residing therein at least for 10 years is eligible. The wife and minor children having his residence in Gujarat are also suitable.
- The applicant should hold land or any immovable property in Gujarat for which the copy of Record of Rights (RoR) must be submitted.
- A woman who belongs to another State but has married a permanent resident of Gujarat (India) is also eligible.
- Any person or her/his family member who was in regular Government service of Gujarat can apply for the domicile certificate.
- To get a domicile certificate for a person of unsound mind, a declaration made by his parent/guardian is acceptable.
List of Documents
One can avail domicile certificate by furnishing the following documents:
Residence Proof Attachment (Any One)
- Ration Card, True Copy of Electricity Bill, True Copy of Telephone Bill, True Copy of Election Card, True, Copy of Passport, First Page Of Bank PassBook/Cancelled Cheque, Post Office Account, Statement/Passbook, Driving License, Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU, Water bill (not older than 3 months)
Identity Proof Attachment (Any One)
- True Copy of Election Card, True Copy Income Tax PAN Card, True Copy of Passport, Self Attested Copy of Aadhar Card, Driving License, Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU, Any Government Document having citizen photo, Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
Proof Needed In Service Attachment
- Panchnamu, Certificate of Talati., Applicant Answer, Domicile by Birth (Birth Certificate), Proof of Parent’s, Job/Business, No Objection Certificate of Police Station, Character Certificate, Affidavit, Last 10 years residence proof
Online Application Process for Domicile Certificate
- Step-1: The applicant should visit the home page of Digital Gujarat.
- Step-2: Now, choose the option “Services” which is visible on the home page.
- Step-3: Then click on ” Citizen Services ” option in the drop-down list, it will redirect the applicant to the citizen services page where all the services of the Gujarat State Government will be listed one after another.
- Step-4: In the following page, click on ” Domicile Certificate ” option.
- Step-5: Click on ” Download Form ” option and download the application form in a PDF format. Then fill out the application form with required details and submit it to the concerned authority along with the necessary documents.
Read also: Driving Licence Download PDF Gujarat